Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thank you, CraftWorld

If you're from the Philippines and you like to crochet or knit or do crafts in general, you probably know about the amazing, unbelievable, giddiness-inducing, hyperventilate-worthy super event that was the CraftWorld Closing-Out Sale, which fellow crafter Trey Ajusto so benevolently shared with the online crafting community in her lovely blog.  And though I was on a general buying freeze at around the time I read the post, the image of an entire room filled with piles of crafting supplies proved too strong even for my iron will, which found itself supplanted after a most wrenching split-second internal struggle.

So anyway, without further ado, allow me to present my CraftWorld haul: 

First up, the craft tools.  I'd have been happy enough to find these in the mall even if I had to get them at the regular price, but to have been able to get them for as little as I did is almost surreal.



And then, some threads I hadn't known existed till then, but which I'm happy enough to acquaint myself with:



Lastly, the most astounding find of all: a collection of vintage needlework magazines that had been bound into a hardcover, which I got for a whopping... (brace yourselves)

Click to see some of the contents

... 10 PESOS! 

And no, that's not a typo. I really do mean TEN pesos.  That makes every pattern in there almost quite literally, in both senses of the word, priceless!  And if you must know, I still take it down from my shelf every day to assure myself that it's not a figment of my imagination.

* * *
(A Little Journal-y Note: I went to the garage sale with my friend, crochet designer Mimi Alelis. It was kind of neat how we always ended up picking out different items from the same pile.)

11 comments:

  1. I'm trying my best not to go there ..but that book you got is very nice :) for the right price too :) Sayang ano. this close out sale went under our radar ehehhehe medyo ubos na ung mga supplies nung mabalitaan natin , ate jeng got me some items there.. congrats on your finds hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo nga konti nalang yung cords and threads na meron nung pumunta kami, pero sulit pa rin yung trip if only for that magazine collection.

      By the way, it was so nice to meet you and everyone kanina. :)

      Delete
  2. Like Bheng, I'm trying to avoid going there, knowing I will buy more than I need XD
    But your finds are soooo tempting, especially those vintage magazines! Oh no...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you do it, how do you resist the urge to stash? I must learn the secret! (Pero to encourage you to keep on with your yarn/craft supply diet, Mimi told me na di na ganun karami yung natirang crochet and knitting supplies nung bumalik sya a couple of weeks after our first trip. Ang marami raw natira yung cross stitch supplies.)

      Delete
    2. ehehheh by now , alam nyo na ang aking story ehheeeh walang masyadong drama, pero stress marami ehhehehe

      Delete
    3. Iniiwasan ko lang talaga yung Dreams para di ako mapabili ng sobra :) At wala rin akong credit card para di ako makabili online.


      @Bheng: Ok lang yan! Nakayanan mo naman eh! Ang dami mo nang na-destash. :)

      Delete
    4. Oo nga, Bheng, success story na yung sayo, congratulations on your massively successful destash! :D

      Delete
    5. ang ganda pala nung laman nung magazine :) puro wearable :) ehhehehe

      Delete
    6. Oo, ang daming wearables! Although iba-ibang crafts laman ng bawat magazine, hindi lang crochet and knit. May sewing, embroidery, quilt making, dollhouse building, may colored sand art pa nga dun sa isa, hehe.

      Medyo nagulat talaga ako dun sa wearables dun kasi parang hindi 40 years ago yung mga damit, kamukha lang rin halos ng mga damit na sinusuot ngayon. :)

      Delete
  3. That magazine compilation is a great find, para sa yo talaga yan!
    As for me, I have yet to create lovely projects from the materials I got...to get back what I spent. But what's more important to me is the adventure itself. Thanks so much Catyanna for the company. Till our next adventure...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a real adventure for me too, Mimi, and I happily expect more yarny adventures in the future. Thanks for the company too!

      Delete