11 random me-facts
- I turn thirty later this year.
- I am severely near-sighted.
- I understand Kapampangan pretty well when I hear it spoken but am barely able to construct a sentence myself.
- I am teaching myself to type properly and have gotten up to 25 words per minute! The best thing about being able to touch-type is how it lets you work on the computer with the lights off.
- I 'collect' hardware from old bags.
- I've been averaging 4 cups of coffee a day these past couple of months.
- I like cloudy, windy days best.
- I am intrigued by the properties of linen and leather.
- I love seafood and mangoes.
- My favorite book is The Hiding Place, written by Corrie ten Boom with John and Elizabeth Sherill.
My answers to Bheng's questions:
- What is your best crocheted or knitted project to date? Not considering my Beatriz Shrug (no basis for comparison there, it being my first and only design to date), I'd say my Go for Baroque cardigan and Chanel no por Favor bag are the top contenders (posts about these FOs to come soon!).
- Which time do you want to travel back in , if given a chance? Pre-colonial era.
- Sweet or Sour? Sweet-- don't like sour things much.
- Will you wear a crocheted wedding gown? Of course! But it has to be impeccably lined and none-too-fitting and if possible, an exact replica of this gown.
- When was the last time you told your mom that you love her? Thirty minutes ago. :)
- In the workplace, which employee will you choose? The always punctual so and so or the brilliant one who is always late? If punctuality were a measure of how hard the employee worked at his tasks, I'd go for always punctual. But I've found that isn't always the case.
- Quality or Quantity? Quality, if we're talking about human effort.
My answers to Edwina's questions:
- Where's your favorite place to craft? My room because it has the best (i.e., brightest) lighting for my weak eyes.
- Do you have a dedicated space in your house for your crafting? No, but my craft supplies are slowly taking over my room anyway.
- Do you like listening to music while crafting? If so, what do you listen to? :) I hardly ever listen to music! It must have something to so with my inability to multi-task.
- Are you an output or process-based type of person? I had to look this up to understand the specific connotations of the terms and according to a description of the types in some web page, it seems I'm an outcome-based type of person.
- If you were given the chance to be the one to choose the name you were given when you were born, what would you have named yourself? I've never really thought about it, but off the top of my head: Isabel.
- Cats or dogs? Both.
- Ice cream or cake? Cake but only if I really really really had to choose.
- What are three must-haves that you keep with you at all times when you go out? Excluding my wallet: a small bottle of rubbing alcohol, a pack of wipes and an umbrella (boring list, I know)
- Do you work best during the day or night? Either's fine as long as my mind's in a state of focus.
- Spaghetti or pancit? (I'm obviously running out of questions to ask lol) This is a tough one. I like them in different ways and crave them at different times, so I'd say both.
- If I had the time and the yarn to knit you something, what would you want me to knit for you? An oversized gray wool bag with giant cables. :p
what-the-hey-about-tagbbacks and no-pressure disclaimer that Edwina put up in her Liebster post
My questions for you:
- Any amazing discoveries lately?
- Day of the week you generally look forward to?
- Love having a routine or hate it?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- One thing that's piqued your interest lately?
- Your best subject back in school?
- Your someday-I-shall project, craft or otherwise?
- A hobby you thought you'd really get into but didn't?
- If you were to be given a block of time to make something, would you choose to make something intricate to wear on a special occasion or something that you're likely to use on a regular basis?
- If you could get a specific yarn/thread as a prize, what would you like it to be?
- If you could recommend a book, a TV show, or a film to me, what would it be?