Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tagged and (re)tagging for the Liebster Award

Thank you Bheng and Edwina for including my sparsely-updated blog in your list of 'liebster' blogs.  I had fun reading and learning various things about you and here's my bit:

11 random me-facts 
  1. I turn thirty later this year.
  2. I am severely near-sighted.
  3. I understand Kapampangan pretty well when I hear it spoken but am barely able to construct a sentence myself. 
  4. I am teaching myself to type properly and have gotten up to 25 words per minute! The best thing about being able to touch-type is how it lets you work on the computer with the lights off.
  5. I 'collect' hardware from old bags.
  6. I've been averaging 4 cups of coffee a day these past couple of months.
  7. I like cloudy, windy days best.
  8. I am intrigued by the properties of linen and leather.
  9. I love seafood and mangoes.
  10. My favorite book is The Hiding Place, written by Corrie ten Boom with John and Elizabeth Sherill.

My answers to Bheng's questions:
  1. What is your best crocheted or knitted project  to date? Not considering my Beatriz Shrug (no basis for comparison there, it being my first and only design to date), I'd say my Go for Baroque cardigan and Chanel no por Favor bag are the top contenders (posts about these FOs to come soon!).
  2. Which time do you want to travel back in , if given a chance? Pre-colonial era. 
  3. Sweet or Sour? Sweet-- don't like sour things much.
  4. Will you wear a crocheted wedding gown? Of course! But it has to be impeccably lined and none-too-fitting and if possible, an exact replica of this gown.
  5. When was the last time you told your mom that you love her? Thirty minutes ago. :)
  6. In the workplace, which employee will you choose? The always punctual so and so or the brilliant one who is always late?  If punctuality were a measure of how hard the employee worked at his tasks, I'd go for always punctual. But I've found that isn't always the case. 
  7. Quality or Quantity? Quality, if we're talking about human effort.

My answers to Edwina's questions:
  1. Where's your favorite place to craft? My room because it has the best (i.e., brightest) lighting for my weak eyes.
  2. Do you have a dedicated space in your house for your crafting? No, but my craft supplies are slowly taking over my room anyway.
  3. Do you like listening to music while crafting? If so, what do you listen to? :) I hardly ever listen to music! It must have something to so with my inability to multi-task.  
  4. Are you an output or process-based type of person? I had to look this up to understand the specific connotations of the terms and according to a description of the types in some web page, it seems I'm an outcome-based type of person.
  5. If you were given the chance to be the one to choose the name you were given when you were born, what would you have named yourself? I've never really thought about it, but off the top of my head: Isabel. 
  6. Cats or dogs? Both. 
  7. Ice cream or cake? Cake but only if I really really really had to choose.
  8. What are three must-haves that you keep with you at all times when you go out? Excluding my wallet: a small bottle of rubbing alcohol, a pack of wipes and an umbrella (boring list, I know)
  9. Do you work best during the day or night? Either's fine as long as my mind's in a state of focus.
  10. Spaghetti or pancit? (I'm obviously running out of questions to ask lol) This is a tough one. I like them in different ways and crave them at different times, so I'd say both.
  11. If I had the time and the yarn to knit you something, what would you want me to knit for you? An oversized gray wool bag with giant cables. :p
People I'm tagging***
  1. Mimi
  2. Fatima
  3. Lorelie
  4. Sacha
  5. Bheng
  6. Edwina
  7. June 26, 2013 update: tagging Jei too!
***Echo here the what-the-hey-about-tagbbacks and no-pressure disclaimer that Edwina put up in her Liebster post

My questions for you:
  1. Any amazing discoveries lately?
  2. Day of the week you generally look forward to?
  3. Love having a routine or hate it?
  4. What did you want to be when you were younger?
  5. One thing that's piqued your interest lately?
  6. Your best subject back in school?
  7. Your someday-I-shall project, craft or otherwise?
  8. A hobby you thought you'd really get into but didn't?
  9. If you were to be given a block of time to make something, would you choose to make something intricate to wear on a special occasion or something that you're likely to use on a regular basis?
  10. If you could get a specific yarn/thread as a prize, what would you like it to be?
  11. If you could recommend a book, a TV show, or a film to me, what would it be?
And I know I said no pressure, but just know, I would really love to read your answers!

12 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful wedding gown!
    And we have the same answers for a couple of my own questions: I also would go for cake more, and I usually can't decide between pancit or spaghetti. lol

    I'd love to answer your questions... I'll draft a response over at my blog this weekend haha. I wouldn't wanna spam your comments section here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks Wina! Please answer your set of questions too, lol! I'm asking because I want to know your answers to your questions 1-5. The rest, I can already guess. Except # 11, of course, because that would be like you asking yourself what you would knit for yourself if you had the time and the yarn (which, now that I think about it more, is kind of a valid question in a meta-analysis sort of way). :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this, I enjoyed reading your post and Edwina's too! I would love to post my answers...if not sooner, by next week siguro ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it Mimi! Meet up tayo soon, tapos ko na yung cardigan ng mom ko! :)

      Delete
  3. I could definitely relate with your no. 4-9 random-me facts, and can see why we get along well ;) Except, I can't take more than one cup of coffee a day, due to stomach problems. So I hope you don't get addicted to coffee/caffeine, since most probably it will lead to health issues when in your 40's. (...sound like your mother?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahehe, kelangan ko na nga talaga bawasan ang coffee intake ko, masyado nako nagiging dependent sa kanya. Medyo nakakahiya, 10 facts lang pala nalagay ko! Nag-aaral ka din mag type? May software ka na gamit para sa drills? :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Catyanna. I am Jei Crochet of Cutey Patuty Crochet I am glad to discover your blog via Edwina's post on liebster award. Masarap na may makita na kapwa Filipino na nagblog tungkol sa crochet. Follow kita via GFC. Nagdudugo na rin ilong ko sa pagsagot sa mga english sa mga comment ko ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May GFC ka ba? saan kita pwede i-follow

      Delete
    2. Hi Jei. :) Nice to have you here, thank you for looking. Oo, ang saya nga na may community of crocheters/knitters dito sa Pilipinas at may way para magkakila-kila. Sana makasama ka pag nag meet up ulit ang Ravelry group-- are you on Ravelry by the way? :)

      PS - I think you can follow me by adding my blog URL to your reading list in Blogger. I've followed your blog too, looking forward to reading more of your posts! At dahil kulang pako ng 5 bloggers na tinag, tag na din kita, hope you don't mind! :)

      Delete
    3. ok d ko alam pwede pala un hehehehe sige gagawin ko un follow kita! kasama na ako dun sa ravelry. kaya lang hindi ako makasama sa meet-ups wala bantay sa chikitings ko. ok lang tag mo ako ;)

      Delete
  5. eheheh looks like I can't escape the part that says share 11 things about myself heheheh thanks for the tag backs ! I just posted the answers to your questions :) thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading over to your blog right now! Pero nalungkot naman ako sa sabbatical mo, huhu. At the same time, I'm happy and excited for you to trek your new track! :)

      Delete